Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Adaptogen Supplements in MMA

During this hiatus I've stopped lifting and taken up MMA, primarily jiu jitsu/submission grappling.

I have narcolepsy, so recovery and focus is a tremendous challenge for me, but I realized after a short time how well-equipped I was for dealing with these challenges through chemical aids and natural supplements.

My first thought was to go back to Rhodiola rosea, which has always drawn out tremendous focus and motivation for me in proper doses. This falls under the adaptogen category of supplements. My muscles seemed to recover faster and my perceived rate of exertion during training seemed to be tremendously reduced. Naturally, this wasn't enough for me.

Looking further into options that go well with Rhodiola, I settled on Cordyceps powder and Ashwaghanda, both well known to have pro-cognitive and athletically beneficial effects, especially Cordyceps with it's renowned boost in endurance.

The trouble at first was high quality sourcing(done after a few tries) and a delivery method, since shoveling 3g of powder into my mouth every morning became unattractive very quickly.

Right now I'm looking at turning this into a product with a few other ingredients, but interest trends are low so I'm looking into pivoting on this to better options.

Still, never stop innovating your own biology; you'll have it til you die.

BCF

No comments:

Post a Comment